You’ll also have the option to create an account after Checkout.
Whether it’s tracking your activity and staying on top of your health, navigating the world with wrist-bound maps, or easily catching up on your latest messages, the right smartwatch can offer a lot more than your old-fashioned, everyday timepiece. Of course, once you’ve picked which one is best for your needs and tastes, you have to get it up and running. With the help of these instructions, you can figure out how to set up a smartwatch with ease.
How to Set Up an Apple Watch
1. Prepare your iPhone: In order to properly set up your Apple Watch, you’ll want to be sure that your iPhone is ready to pair with the watch. To do so, simply go to Settings > Bluetooth and ensure that Bluetooth is turned on. Additionally, you will want your iPhone to be connected to the Internet, whether via Wi-Fi or a cellular network.
2. Turn on Your Apple Watch: Press and hold the button on the right side of your Apple Watch to turn it on. It may take a couple of minutes to boot up for the first time.
3. Pair Your Apple Watch and iPhone: Once your Apple Watch has finished booting, follow the directions on the screen to pair your devices. If you do not see the option straight away, simply open the Apple Watch app and select Start Pairing. The pairing process involves holding your Apple Watch up to your iPhone’s camera.
4. Choose How You Wish to Set Up Your Apple Watch: After your devices are properly paired, you’ll have two options for setting up your Apple Watch: as an entirely new device or from a backup of a previous device. If this is your very first Apple Watch, you’ll want to choose the former. If you wish to load previously backed up data from another Apple Watch, choose the latter option.
5. Set Up Your Preferences: Next, you’ll be guided through setup for a series of settings. For new Apple Watch users, now is when you’ll get to select your wrist preference, passcode, and more, plus choose some of the apps you want to install on your watch. For those restoring a backup, you will be able set your passcode, cellular data settings, and Apple Pay before your device begins restoring all of that backed up data.
6. Start Enjoying Your Apple Watch: Once you’ve made it through all of the settings and app setup, your watch will sync with your iPhone. And once it’s finished, you’re free to enjoy all that your Apple Watch has to offer!
How to Set Up a Samsung Gear S3 Smartwatch
1. Download the Gear 3 App on Your Android Phone: Just as Apple Watch users need to ready their iPhones for Apple Watch setup, those new to the Samsung Gear S3 watch will need to download a specific app to get their Gear watches up and running. Those using their new smartwatch with a Samsung phone can head over to the Galaxy Apps module to download the Gear 3 app, while other Android phone users can download it from the Google Play Store. Additionally, you’ll want to make sure that your smartphone is connected to the Internet and Bluetooth is turned on.
2. Power on Your Gear S3 Smartwatch: Locate the Home/Power button on the side of your watch and hold it for a couple seconds to turn on the device.
3. Pair Your Watch with Your Smartphone: Once your Gear watch is finished powering on, open the Gear 3 app on your phone and select the Start the Journey option. Next, select your watch to begin connecting your watch and phone.
4. Select Your Preferences: When your devices are successfully paired, you will be prompted to read and accept the Terms of Service. Next, you’ll be able to set up which notifications you prefer to receive on your Gear watch, as well as which apps you would like to download. Once you have made your selections, your watch will undergo an update.
5. Learn How to Use your Gear Smartwatch—and then Use It: When your watch’s setup process is complete, you will have the option to watch a tutorial that explores many of the basic features and functions on your new Gear S3. Armed with this new knowledge, you’ll be all set to start using your Samsung Gear S3 smartwatch.
Not only can smartwatches make your life a little easier—they’re also quite easy to set up! Follow the above steps to get through the setup process in a snap, and stay tuned to the Trademore blog for additional tips and analyses on how to make the most of your favorite devices and more.
Trademore has no connections, affiliations, partnerships or sponsorship agreements with the companies, entities, services and/or products mentioned in this blog post. The opinions, thoughts, views and expressions made within this blog post are independently created by and attributable to Trademore authors and/or contributors.