You’ll also have the option to create an account after Checkout.
Whether you’re interested in selling your device with Trademore or you’d like to learn how to wipe a phone or another device for additional reasons, we’ve got you covered. Below we’ll discuss a few simple steps you can take to erase all content and settings from a phone, tablet, and smartwatch.
1. Open Settings from your Home screen
2. Select General
3. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Reset
4. Select Erase All Content and Settings
5. Select Erase iPhone/iPad/Apple Watch
6. Select Erase iPhone/iPad/Apple Watch to confirm
7. Type in your Passcode
8. Enter your Apple ID password to remove Activate Lock and remove your device from Find my iPhone. The process should be complete once this step is completed.
We recommend encrypting your device before beginning the wiping process to ensure that your device’s content and setting are completely erased. Encrypting your device scrambles the data such that even if the initial wipe doesn’t delete all of your information, a code is required to unscramble your information. To encrypt, follow these steps:
1. Open Settings
2. Select Security
3. Select Encrypt Device
To erase all data on your device
1. Open Settings
2. Scroll down and select Factory data reset. This should complete the process.
Note: There is a large variety of Android devices, so this information is subject to vary depending on phone model and type. For most Android devices, however, a factory reset option is available.
We hope these instructions guide you through how to wipe a phone or other device you own. For more tips and tricks as well as other news related to the latest phones and devices, be sure to check out our blog.
Trademore has no connections, affiliations, partnerships or sponsorship agreements with the companies, entities, services and/or products mentioned in this blog post. The opinions, thoughts, views and expressions made within this blog post are independently created by and attributable to Trademore authors and/or contributors.