Anything I need to know before I ship my device?
We want you to get paid promptly for your trade! Here’s how to prepare your device:
Please do the following:
- Disable Anti-theft / Device Protection / Activation Locks
- For Apple devices, turn off "Find my iPhone"
- For Samsung, disable "Reactivation Lock"
- For Android 5.1 devices, disable "Android Device Protection"
- Remove your device from your Wireless Account: When selling your device it’s important that it is not linked to an active wireless account. You may need to call your carrier if any of the following conditions apply to your device:
- You bought the device under a contract or a leasing plan from your carrier, and it has not been fully paid
- Your device was reported lost or stolen
- You have an outstanding balance on your wireless account
- Do not send additional items: Each order on Trademore has an offer only for one device. Please do not send additional devices with your order. We will not be able to pay you for any additional items on the original order. Any additional devices, accessories etc. received with your device are immediately discarded and recycled responsibly.
- Keep your SIM Card / Memory Card: To maintain user privacy and security, SIM card, memory card are removed and destroyed. Unfortunately, we will not be able to return these items to you. For many device models, you may need OEM provided pin or thin paper clip to eject the SIM / Memory card tray.
- Backup your data: Back up photos, contacts and other data that’s important to you! To protect your information, all data on your phone will be wiped clean once we receive your device.
- Send your device promptly: Offers expire 30 days after you place your order. Be sure to ship your device promptly, so we receive it before your offer expires.
- Look out for updates: We'll send you emails about the status of your order including when you're payment is on its way. Be sure to check your email inbox (or spam/junk folder) to make sure you don't miss any updates from Trademore.com.
- Lost or Stolen: Our process will identify if a device is reported lost or stolen, or is counterfeit. Such a device violates our Terms of Services and automatically cancels your offer.
Shipping your device back with your own packaging?
In the event your shipping label was lost, we offer the ability to reprint a new label on your order status page to send in your device. We highly recommend using the packaging that was provided to send in your device. In the event that the packaging material provided was lost or damaged, please consider the tips below when preparing to ship your device.
Tips for packing up your device with your own packaging:
- Securely package your device and please do not use an envelope.
- Securely put your old device in a rigid box to ensure that it is not damaged in transit.
- Wrap your device to protect it in transit.
- Use adequate cushioning material.
- Use strong tape designed for shipping.
- Do not include any accessories including memory cards or sim cards.
- Apply the shipping label and ship your device.